little analog moments

Sunday, January 14, 2018


Ever since I can remember I have always loved photos, my mum did a great job at capturing my childhood through photos, and I guess that's where I get it from, we never had a super fancy camera just a simple compact point and shoot one,  I remember getting super excited going with my mum to the high street to get the pictures developed, the suspense of waiting to get these memories that have been frozen in time always amazed me. As I got older and technology evolved and digital cameras started to make an appearance i kinda lost my groove, it's like the magic was gone. I don't think it was until I started dating Pedro that i really started getting back into taking photos, I wanted to capture every moment with him, every place we went all thoes "firsts" oh and when I found out I was pregnant with Petal I knew I wanted to capture even more, every second of her.

 As my love for photography grew so did my need to go back to film, and last year my beautiful mum and one of my bestest friends got together and for my 28th birthday they gifted me the most beautiful analog camera a Canon AE-1 to be exact, it was the one i wanted and they spoiled me, although I really wanted a film camera I had no idea how it worked, I had never heard of all this aperture and shutter speed it was all a bit confusing at first, and everyone I spoke to would explain it in a differante way, just making it all a bit more confusing, but after reading a few things and just having a go I think I have kinda got the hang of it, I still have a lot to learn, but I love all the pictures I have taken so far, and that excitmente of going to get the film developed and then waiting for days till I get them back makes me feel really happy and like I'm little kid again. here are some of my favourites from the last film I got developed.

I used Fuji Film Superia X-TRA 400






One of the things I most love about this camera is this light leaks, all these little imperfections are what make the pictures even more special, lots of people don't like that and I'm ok with it.

























 -Love Denny-

You Might Also Like

0 comments